Cintra is an enterprise multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud, successfully moving some of the largest applications and database workloads to private and public cloud platforms. The company has a global presence with offices in New York, UK, and India.
We have an immediate need for experienced MS-SQL Server Architect to join our talented delivery team based in Brazil. In addition to robust Database Architect experience, we are looking for strong self-starters able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
What you will be doing:
- You will be a member of a global consulting team, playing a senior role in enterprise database architecture projects design, including MS-SQL database builds, upgrades, migrations and performance tuning
- Deliver within agreed timelines and budgets, managing and completing projects and support activities within customer expectations SLAs, while proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved
- Provide expert level support resolving MS-SQL Server related incidents and problems
- Performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools for RDBMS Design and implement processes for database backups, restores and recovery models
- Design and implement database security solutions
- Able to lead DBA delivery teams as MS-SQL Server SME and lead architect.
- Manage and develop customer relationships an Architect and technical advisor.
- Support MS-SQL Server presales solutioning.
- Deploy projects within agreed timelines and budgets, managing and resolving issues within customer expectations, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their projects delivery.
- Provide architecture and solutions engineering for MS-SQL Server Architecture with a high emphasis on scripting and automation.
- 10+ years of Core MS-SQL Server DBA experience with previous consulting experience
- The candidate should be highly experienced with Database Administration for MS-SQL Server versions 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012,2014,2016,2017,2019 more years' experience as a Database/Solutions architect.
- Design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using standard tools and custom scripts (PowerShell/perl/Ansible)
- The candidate will design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using SCOM and custom scripts
- Systems monitoring with vendor provided and open-source monitoring platforms
- The candidate should be expert in High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS-SQL Server including SQL Clustering, SQL 2012,2014,2016,2019 Always ON, DB Mirroring, DB Log Shipping and MS-SQL Server Replication as well as MS-SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integrations Services (SSIS) and TDE
Optional but Desirable Skills
- Exposure to Oracle database or Postgres/MySQL technologies.
- Awareness of application middleware technologies such as Tomcat, Jboss.
- Exposure to Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/OCI/GCP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Database – Specialty
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA/MCSE)
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.