Cintra Software & Services is an established database services provider and Oracle Platinum Partner. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a global presence with offices in the US, UK and India.
We are looking to grow our established expert DBA team, with a strong database professional who has extensive consulting and production support experience. You will be a member of a global consulting team, playing a senior role in enterprise database architecture projects design, including Oracle database builds, upgrades, migrations and performance tuning on on-prem as well as Cloud platforms, particularly AWS
You will bring both technical expertise and an understanding of complex project delivery and support operations.
- Assess the cloud/on-premises platform and design cloud platforms.
- Deliver within agreed timelines and budgets, managing and completing projects and support activities within customer expectations SLAs, while proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes
- Contribute towards 3rd level support and resolving Oracle and AWS related incidents and problems
- Work with customers to migrate their database environments to AWS. This may include, but is not limited to Re-Host database platform on AWS, Upgrade/Optimize for AWS, Re-Factor to open source database platform on AWS
- Design and conduct research on differing approaches to data storage in AWS including S3/Glacier storage and backup management
- Develop data migration plans to migrate legacy on-premises databases into AWS data stores.
- Design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using standard tools and custom scripts (Shell/perl/Ansible)
- Design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using OEM 12c and custom scripts
Necessary Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of Core Oracle DBA experience with at least 4 years of experience in managing databases on AWS (EC2 or RDS) platform
- Previous consulting experience is essential
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Database – Specialty
- Excellent leadership, peer management, and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- BS degree in Computing or other related field
Advantageous Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Oracle Engineered Systems administration, including Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), ZFS Storage Appliance
- Knowledge of configuring and maintain resources like VPNs, Firewalls, Peering, ELB, ALB, WAF
- Knowledge of Networking skills covering DNS, WANs, LANs, switching, load balancers and firewalls
- Knowledge of Oracle cross platform replication, e.g. GoldenGate
- Knowledge on System administration skills on Linux/Windows
- Knowledge of non-AWS cloud platforms, including OCI, Azure and GCP
- Knowledge of non-Oracle databases, including MS SQL, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience migrating database from On-Prem to Public Cloud
- Experience executing AWS OLA/MAP assessment
Cintra Software & Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law